Saturday, April 11, 2015

Five for Fraturday


Hi there! I'm just popping in to share a little about my week... it's Five for Friday time - a little late!

1 - We had a great Easter/Little Guy's Birthday with my parents on Sunday! Little man loved egg hunting, although he didn't understand why they weren't getting refilled with candy every time :) It's so hard to believe he's already three. I am blessed beyond belief!

2 - We've been reading The Westing Game at school, and everyone is hooked! It's such a great mystery, and is pushing my higher readers to really think critically and make lots of inferences as they try to solve the crime. I'm using a great novel study guide from Courtney Schermerhorn, which my class is loving!

3 - We came back from spring break to new laptops that replaced our desktop student computers. I am loving being able to allow my students to work at their seats instead of at the "wall-o-computers" that we had before. Their behavior has even improved... something about not having your back to the teacher...


4 - We've been working this week on our Geometrocity projects from Digital Divide & Conquer. My class is working in groups of three to create the best city plan. The "coop-etition" is great, and they are working so hard! I can't wait to see their final products.

5 - When we got our new laptops, I was more than ready to get rid of my bulky computer tables and store the laptops on top of a few bookshelves I already had. The only problem was that the bookshelves are way too cluttered! Here's my easy, at school on my planning period fix. I made these quick bookshelf curtains using some leftover fabric from another classroom project, hot glue, and my flat iron!

Hop over to Doodlebugs Teaching to see what everyone else has been up to this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)