I made my first Teacher Toolbox last year, and LOVED it! In fact, my first TPT product was the label set that I had created for my toolbox. I wish I knew who to credit with the original idea, but I have no idea (aside from that it was on Pinterest). The original directions I read said to use double sided tape to attach your labels inside the drawers, so that's what I did. It worked fine for a little while, but by the end of the year, my toolbox looked like this:
As you can see, the tape definitely lost its stickiness over the course of the year. One of my labels was actually lost!
I kept reading that people Mod Podged theirs on, but I was worried about the ink bleeding since I printed on my inkjet printer. A little internet research was all it took to find an easy, and FREE solution!
HAIRSPRAY! Yep, the solution was right on my bathroom counter. If you spray the entire page with a light coat of aerosol hairspray, it will seal in the color.
The rest of the process is really simple:
Cut out your labels, and get your Mod Podge and brushes together. I used an old envelope to paint on, since it was what I had handy.
I found that the trick is to use a thin, light coat of Mod Podge on each label. Then press it onto the inside of the drawer. Don't worry if it doesn't go on straight, you have a couple of minutes to reposition the label before it starts to dry.
If you like my Teacher Toolbox Labels, both of these and a dozen other color/pattern options are in my TPT Store. Click on the photo below!