Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday Scoop {3.6.16}


The Sunday Scoop is based on the popular 3-2-1 graphic organizers so many of us use with our students. Tell us three things you HAVE to do, two things you HOPE to do, and one thing you're HAPPY to do. If this is your first time linking up, check out all the details on our Sunday Scoop page, then link up below!

Here's the Scoop on my week...
Have To Do:
-We are going to be painting our master bedroom, finally! So that means it is time to choose a paint color. Which really means it is time for me to redesign our decor. Which actually means I get to go shopping! See how it all comes full circle?

-I have entered the world of Flipped Lessons. Our classroom is now 1:1 with devices. My students do not take them home, but I have decided that I can alter my instruction a bit using Schoology and really differentiating to all of my learners. It is has been a process figuring out all of the details- but I will save that for a Tech Thursday post!

-The end of our 3rd quarter is coming very quickly (two weeks away). Which means this is the last week for grades for the quarter. Our report cards are due the same day the quarter ends (strange huh). 

Hope To Do: 
-We are a few episodes behind on TWD, that means it is a must to finally catch-up!

-After taking a online course all about Pinterest, I have been completely overwhelmed to tackle old blog posts and make them "Pinterest Optimized". But, now that Kristen completely redid my blog (click here to check it out) it is time that I get those posts updated!

Happy To Do:
-My class earned ten compliments (we keep track in our compliment can). They earn compliments from administration, paras, lunch ladies, custodians, other teachers, substitutes, etc. When we hit 10 compliments I surprise them the next week with something special. This time it is a 10 minute dance party! I will turn off all the lights, turn on a disco ball (on YouTube) and crank the jams! I know they are going to flip out! It is a fun way to reward them for working hard and being kind without spending any money. 

 photo Signature-CASSIE_zpsaxxtaak1.png


4 comments:

  1. I like your thinking on your bedroom redesign! Any excuse to go shopping is a good one! Happy decorating and I can't wait to see how you flipped your math lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited to learn about your Flipped math unit! I hope you share soon!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Happy to Do sounds like TONS of fun! Ooooh, a flipped lesson! Hope you tell us more!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Painting sounds fun! Wish I could but we are in an apartment :/. And our report cards are quickly approaching too, I need to get to that!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)