Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Worship Wednesday 2/11/15



I am linking up with our blogger friend, Beth, at Adventures of a Schoolmarm for her new linky Worship Wednesday.


This is one of my most favorite scriptures.  I read it often.  In fact, my bible practically falls open to this scripture.  My pastor preached on this passage a couple of years ago, and it has never left me.  It gives me hope when I have none.  It lifts me up and lets me know that God has a plan for me. He, the Maker on high, has thought of me.  He has mapped out a way for me through all of the tunnels and storms and valleys.  I have an expected end.  I have a future- a future that God himself has imagined and designed just for me.

I usually stick to the New King James Version, you know, so I can understand what I am reading, but I do love, love this scripture in different versions.  Each brings a new layer to the verse.  But my favorite of this verse has to be the Message version.  


Jeremiah 29:11 (MSG) I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Hopefully this scripture will encourage you today and fill you with renewed hope for the future.
Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome way to start the day. He does have a plan for each of us. I love Him so. Thank you for sharing this my beautiful an blessed daughter.
    Loven Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite and I consider it my "life verse." In fact, a friend of mine, who makes jewelry, made me a stamped bracelet that says "I know the plans." Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this verse, too! I especially love seeing it in the different versions. The one near and dear to my heart is the NIV:

    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)