Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bright Idea - Dry Erase... Not just for whiteboards!


We're so excited to be lining up again for this month's Bright Ideas Blog Hop!



Tired of the printing, laminating, and cutting cycle that never seems to end?  I can never keep up! Distressed with the wasting of paper making task cards and group lists and copies?  Don't have room for a dry erase board to demonstrate math and reading tasks for small groups?  We have a great tip for you!



Dry erase is NOT just for whiteboards anymore!

There are a number of ways to use dry erase markers that don't require a dry erase board.  All of these work great in our classrooms and save paper; but more importantly, they save TIME.

Dry erase wall dots (you can find them on Amazon) or plastic place mats can be used when you need to illustrate something at your small group table.


Reusable dry erase pockets are a great way to post items on a bulletin board.  Cut off the top flap if it has one, slip in a background paper, and write away!


Here is a plastic plate hot glued to my closet door for Math Workshop.  It is super easy to write on again and again.


Give pocket charts that have been gathering dust in your closet a new life.  Just place a background paper behind the plastic and write and wipe.  These are used to give choices for Math Workshop.

 Dry erase has come off the board and into the classroom!

If you enjoyed this Bright Idea, please consider joining us on Bloglovin, Facebook, and Pinterest for more great ideas, tech tips, and the Sunday Scoop!





    An InLinkz Link-up
   

7 comments:

  1. All amazing ideas. Can't wait to try some out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love writing on their desks, but I've never thought of writing on a pocket chart. Brilliant! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dry erase ideas. I'm buying plastic plates next time I go to the store. I think the novelty would really get kids excited, and it's easier to keep a stack of plates in my small group basket than a bunch of white boards. I just discovered your Sunday Scoop linky and will definitely be joining up this week!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  4. I write my I Can statements on laminated cardstock. That way I can change them out each day and really customize them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great ideas! I never thought of posted the plates or using old pocket charts. How ingenious! Fabulous Bright Idea!

    ​MissVerickersAdventures​

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen people use them on their doors and tables... I am so afraid to use on furniture... just feels funny! But apparently it works too!

    Jennifer with Simply Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts.
    Dry erase board

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)